Today I’ve been in the “I’m not worthy frame of mind” and I’ve learned there’s ways to stop those thoughts and turn it around. So I will list what I like about me. Some things deep and some things simple but they all add up to moi!!!
What is great about Moi:
- I’m good at being there for others.
- I’m Tina Fey funny. Ask most strangers who meet me.
- I can do great hairdos that look vintage.
- I have great feet with my amazing kids tattooed on them.
- I can rock a a-line dress.
- I sing great off key and my kids love it.
- I enjoy reading.
- I have a great laugh.
- The best amateur ballerina (in my own mind).
- I can make great gluten free desserts.
- I remember landmarks when traveling so I’m great to travel with.
- I make awesome pancakes.
- I love talking to strangers. You never know if it will make their day or mine.
- I’ve been sober half my life.
- My tattoos all have meanings.
Ok, here’s 15 things I like about moi. There’s so much more. So….when my head thinks bad things I can always do little lists reminding me how awesome I really am.
This is a huge growing curve for me. This is the least amount of money I’ve lived on, I have no healthcare at the moment BUT when school is finished I will be on another path that won’t be so hard.
Let us just start by saying I haven’t felt this good after a class since I took my 2nd ballet lesson years ago. Tonight I took a 1.5 hour flexibility & stretch class at the Cirque school I went to two weeks ago (took a week off for the holidays) BUT I’m committed to this….
Things I didn’t think I could do and did……
- Almost complete half split
- Back bend touching the wall (OK it took three attempts but I didn’t fall like I thought I would)
- Stretches forward I forgot I could do.
It helped the teacher had a sense of humor. It helped the people in the class did as well and it helped that I was ready to really give it a go.
After my heart attack being told I couldn’t run a marathon I thought it was over for me exercise wise and I was wrong. I’m hoping with sticking to this, growing muscle again, and doing for me that I can do ballet again and feel confident and that I can do aerial again. Not working out for almost two years can make a body weak and I understand my health came first but I’m tired of the extra weight and I do have the body issues WHICH I KNOW a lot of people do so doing for me felt good again.
My teacher even asked if I danced before because the way I raised my arms for the back bends. It feels good to know that even not really doing ballet for a couple of years that I still have some form.
Today’s post is a good one. It’s a “I did for me” and it felt good post. It’s a post where as I sit here in bliss right now I know tomorrow I will be sore BUT it’s so worth it. This is the best I’ve felt about my body in a long time and I’m hoping this journey continues. It will.
Here’s my I’m kinda smiling but feel like jello shot. Enjoy.