So, a couple of days have past but it seems to be a trend that my weekends are about just being in the moment and not doing anything except it was a busy weekend…even from home.
This weekend I….
- Learned how to make masks and saw that my boyfriends really old shirts he wanted to turn into masks won’t work. You need somewhat thick fabric. He’s an artist though and has a vision and I’m not so we will see how our mask ends up. I think we are going to be one and done! Did you know you can make art out of the masks? It seems instead of making them we will be painting them. Stay tuned for images once we are done.
- Baked and cooked. I even made strawberry butter (photo below) for Easter, cooked a brisket in the crock pot (yum) and made my world famous green bean casserole for my little 19 year old daughter. I love that with each family holiday she looks forward to having it and enjoys it.
- Brought a meal to my elderly neighbor. Can’t wait to meet her after this is all over. Due to a mail mix up I’ve made a new friend.
- Hid a ton of plastic eggs, twice. PE for minors…check!
- Relaxed with my little’s and watched classic Disney films. Disney is pretty dark if you think about it.
- OMG I stayed in bed on Saturday until 2:30 pm and I felt lazy but it’s something I NEVER do! So nice to give in to the uncomfortable.
In all the weekend was excellent.
Yesterday we began school again for all after Spring Break and it’s so hard to work and juggle the boys school schedule. Today is a new day and we try again. I have this! One moment at a time we will figure out what works.
I also realized how little money I have left. I already live paycheck to paycheck but this is hard since my side hustle job ended with the death of a great CPA to a shitty disease in February right before all this happened. I’m living on less but I’m doing it and I’m remembering that I am in school (even during this) to better myself.
Here’s to another day, indoors, living life during this pandemic. Superstar, each of us for getting through each day!