I almost forgot about me. I was losing me more and more due to some issues and I didn’t realize they were so bad until I was in the hospital with my body shutting down. I think a lot of us try and fix everything around us instead of taking care of ourselves, at least I do. I want everything to look OK and not let anyone know there are problems. I forgot about me.
I found me again because I was becoming mean trying to start over and still have everything look OK. Through a little dance, a quick chance to runaway, a bath, and some time jumping on a bed I was able to have fun. Never forget to have fun in the middle of the chaos. Remember that if you aren’t 100% you are no good to anyone around you.
What are little things that you do to take care of you?
Today I ran my first 10k race at The Happiest Place on Earth. Yep, Disneyland with one of my bestest friends Lynn. Here’s a few things about today that really stood out:
1. Anyone can do this race. It’s Disneyland. Sure there are people in it to be number 1 BUT there were so many photo opportunities that you could really jog, take a break at a photo op, and jog again. That being said…
2. I saw people in wheelchairs being pushed, people with leg braces walking, people you knew only could walk, etc. There is no reason with the support of a friend or loved one you wouldn’t be able to finish. It’s more about having fun.
3. Wear the right socks. This I don’t think I did. I wear my comfy socks most of the time and have some running socks (I forgot) and well there’s a reason there are running socks.
4. Water. Your best friend.
5. Have fun, don’t judge yourself, and know you just accomplished something you never had done before.
Oh and meeting Jeff Galloway with Run Disney was awesome and getting his advice on running was a bonus.
I did it. I ran this 10k and chalked this up as another “PCOS won’t keep me down” moment.
My son is a preschool boy and I like doing nice things for his teachers. I’m also so not a domestic goddess so I have to keep it simple, something I can do and not stress over and where I didn’t have the store gift wrap it for me.
This year I decided to give little spa gifts. I mean I really feel teachers don’t enjoy getting tons of homemade goodies or chocolate. I could be wrong but I’ve found non food items to be a bigger hit.
All you need to create a simple “Thank You” is:
- Items purchased you want to give as the gift.
- Brown paper lunch bag. I have SOOOOO many from when our daughter was in elementary school that I try and recycle these often.
- Labels created online. Yes, I find a label and make it myself. I always find free ones.
- Crafter’s Glue
- Adhesive Ribbon. Didn’t include it in the supplies pic but in the finished project you can see it. Basically anything you want to add.
Simply assemble and you have the perfect little Halloween gift. I did add more for the main teacher and used some bigger items. I did throw in a few kisses (hersheys that is) but it’s nice to let the teachers know they’re appreciated.
If this Un-Domestic Goddess can do this then anyone can.